Thursday, June 23, 2011

Yummy PH Day...and the new Starbucks review

I have been such a slacker with my blog lately and it's so frustrating to me!  I am on a mission to get much better....and try to figure out what platform to switch to so that my photos will work.

Moving on....today is my day over at Prairie Hive where you can see our raspberry picking from last friday.  And you can ge a super yummy fruit pizza recipe!

Today I am working at the newly renovated Starbucks down at Utica Square.  I was so excited to see what they changed, and sadly, I'm a little disappointed. 

It just doesn't feel like a Starbucks.  Don't get me wrong, it's really pretty, just not the same feel as before.  Everything is very neutral, cream walls with grey ceiling accents.  Lots of wood, but not the espresso wood like some of their stores now.  It's a dark, more traditional looking wood. 

I do like the floor.  It is a wood plank tile {not wood, just looks like wood} and they laid it in a herringbone pattern. 

All of the lights have changed from the fun, funky colorful shapes to simple opaque white cylinders.  And the backsplash is now a cream 2"x6" {approx.} subway tile.  No glass tiles or marble mosaics.

All of the artwork is sepia toned photos of coffee, in the field, being picked, etc.  Oh, and finally, the furniture.  The tables and chairs are all a cherry wood color.  Only two comfy chairs to relax in and a wall with banquettes.  There are so many tables and chairs that it feels like more like a restaurant than a fun coffee shop.  So not the same "homey" feel as before. 

So there you have it.  My take on the new and improved Starbucks.  They say it's the new "flagship" store...hopefully some changes will be made before all the stores change.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...