Monday, May 9, 2011

fun weekend & what's cookin' this week

My, what a busy weekend!  Saturday Sarah and I hit up the Jenks Church Arts & Crafts show where we both picked up some pretty cute finds.  We also headed to downtown Jenks and did a little bit of antique shopping...love downtown Jenks!

Once I got home myMichael and I headed down to the Harley Davidson store here in Tulsa.  MyMichael has wanted a bike for years.  He really wanted one when we lived in Dallas and I just wasn't too keen on that idea w/ the crazy traffic and all.  Since being back in Tulsa {4 years} we have gone a couple of times and looked.  You see, he is the more financial savvy, "is this a good idea", one in our relationship and has talked himself out of getting one multiple times.  When it came up again about a month ago I was curious to see if he would actually go through with it!  As of Thursday afternoon he had talked himself out of it...as of Friday morning it was back on the table but we were just going to "look" on Saturday.  Well, he finally pulled the trigger and got himself a bike!  He got a 2011 Harley Davidson Sportster Nightster.  Here is an extremely blurry iphone pic of us ringing the bell {when you buy a bike you have to ring the bell}.



To say the least, he is a very happy guy right now!  I'm kind of excited as well...I've never been on a bike.  He's going to get good and comfortable and then we will look at a different seat for both of us to ride!

Mother's Day is always fun.  This year I had a Prairie Hive photo shoot, for our online magazine, in the afternoon, so we did Mother's Day dinner.  KJ {my sister} was in town, so we both cooked dinner which was a blast...and a mess.  I managed to overflow a pitcher and she dumped my salt bowl over onto the floor.  I made Cherry Pepper Chicken {get the recipe here}, rice, and roasted brussel sprouts, and she made the stuffed peppers.  Friday night I made some sugar cookies, so for dessert we made ice cream sandwiches with them.  Summer Berries ice cream filling, rolled in sprinkles.  Yummy!

I am way behind on all things food for this week.  Usually Sunday is my grocery/menu planning day, but that didn't happen.  So, here goes...I want to try making an Indian dish in the crock pot.  I found a recipe that I am tweaking, so we will see how that turns out. 

Indian Beef Korma w/ Basmati Rice & Garlic Naan
Chicken Quesadillas
BBQ Chicken & Grilled Vegetables
Grilled Pizza

Hope everyone else had a fabulous weekend!  Oh, and how about this muggy weather.....already!?!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...